Standard Terms and Conditions
By submitting work to Veritas Engineering Laboratories, hereafter known as Veritas, the party submitting work, hereafter known as Client, irrevocably agrees to the following:
- Terms and Conditions outlined herein are part of any and all Agreements between Veritas and the Client.
- In performing its services under this Agreement, Veritas shall operate as, and have the status of, an independent contractor and shall not act as or be an agent or employee of Client.
- All engineering services will be performed by a licensed professional engineering in good standing.
- All services rendered will be limited to and billed in accordance with the current Veritas Engineering Rate Sheet, which is attached hereto and/or has otherwise been made available to the Client.
- Expenses will be billed at cost plus ten percent. Mileage will be billed at the current GAO rate. Travel time will be billed portal-to-portal.
- Invoices will be issued on the last business day of each month or when the assignment is completed, and due within 30 days of issuance, unless otherwise agreed to.
- All reports, affidavits or other work product are intended for use only by the Client with respect to the subject matter and project; these shall not be transferable, nor for use, to or by any entity other than Client, or on any other project, unless expressly authorized by writing.
- The Client acknowledges that it is engaging Veritas an expert witness. As such the opinions, reports, determinations and other work product will be the result of the collective experience of Veritas. The Client acknowledges that there may be other solutions, reports, results, etc. that may present other points of view, but the existence of these documents does not at any time represent a basis for claims against Veritas.
- Governing law for these terms shall be State of Indiana.
- In no event shall Veritas be held liable for special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from their obligations under this engagement, whether such damages are based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
- Either party may terminate this engagement, without penalty, prior to the start of work. Veritas reserves the right to stop work and withhold work product if payment is overdue.
- Veritas, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate any project or assignment at any time in the event that it determines that involvement in the same may create a conflict of interest for this firm or its associates.